Considering the different age groups, musical styles and learning objectives, at Pianoma we took the time to elaborate a teaching method adapted to children and adults.
In all our practice courses there is a theoretical side of musical language essential for the development of the instrument practice. For that reason, we usually dedicate a few minutes of your piano or production lesson to cover theoretical content, within the repertoire, or through fun exercises and activities.
Music education for children
Following the principles of Jean Piaget's cognitive development, we have exhaustively researched piano methods that are adapted to the child's language, age, physical, cerebral and sensorial possibilities that have an influence on the learning process.
We want each student to work, within his or her stage of development, on the following aspects:
- Independence and adaptation: through decision making, fulfilling their needs and interests.
- Focus: with small tasks presented through games and activities.- Willpower and confidence: allowing him to work in an organized and foreseeable space where self-will arises naturally.
- Balance: knowledge of all the body elements involved in the practice of an instrument.
- Social and ecological awareness: through the values that our school wants to transmit.
Based on the above criteria and age ranges, we give you our recommended durations, so that you can use them as a guide when choosing a course:
One weekly 30mn class under parental attendance.
From 3 to 5 years old
One weekly 30mn or 45mn class without need for parental attendance.
From 6 to 7 years old
One weekly 45mn
or 1h class.
From 8 years old
Music education for adults
Every discipline can be learned at any age.
If there really is something you are passionate about, try a class with us and discover what awaits you. Our methodology for adults works on:
- Clear and organized content.
- Music accessible and easy to understand.
- All music styles based on personal preferences.
- Simple and progressive theorical material.
- Special attention to the availability of each student.
From Bach to Queen, enjoy playing and learning at your own pace, without struggle.
Which length to choose ? Our advice is to choose lessons of 45 minutes or more. This way, your teacher will be able to show you, without rushing, which learning strategies you should apply to progress faster.